WATCH NOW: Ex-royal butler examines why Prince Andrew has been excluded from royal events.
GB News.
The comments from the Duke's ex-aide were released as part of proceedings regarding Yang Tengbo
Don't Miss
Most Read
Trending on GB News
Prince Andrew's reputation was deemed "irrecoverable" following his Newsnight interview, according to his former senior aide.
Dominic Hampshire made the revelation in evidence submitted to a tribunal concerning an alleged Chinese spy.
The comments from the Duke of York's ex-aide were released as part of proceedings regarding Yang Tengbo, who was excluded from the UK on national security grounds in March 2023.
Hampshire worked with Prince Andrew until departing the royal household in 2022. He provided a witness statement to the Special Immigration Appeals Commission as part of the proceedings.
Royal household deemed Prince Andrew's reputation 'irrecoverable' after major mistake
Getty
In his evidence, Hampshire detailed the aftermath of Prince Andrew's controversial Newsnight interview.
The tribunal is examining the case of Yang Tengbo, who was excluded from Britain last year. Yang was deemed a national security concern by UK authorities.
Hampshire's testimony forms part of the evidence being considered in this high-profile immigration case.
In his witness statement, Hampshire said: "After the Newsnight interview and in the following few months, it was clear that the duke's reputation was irrecoverable."
"This was a common feeling within the royal household, despite what the duke thought may happen," he added.
Hampshire further revealed the internal discussions about Prince Andrew's future.
"It was very clear internally within the royal household that we would have to look at options for the duke's future away from royal duties," he stated.
The comments offer a rare glimpse into Palace thinking following the controversial interview.
In a separate statement released on Friday, Hampshire addressed his business dealings.
"The Palace was kept informed of all my commercial endeavours on behalf of the Duke of York," he said.
He added that "full disclosure of all communications with Mr Yang, the Hampton Group and China was offered to both Buckingham Palace and the intelligence services."
Hampshire emphasised his current status as an independent businessman.
"I am now a private businessman and none of my business interests are connected to any member of the Royal Family," his statement concluded.
Hampshire's revelations provide insight into the royal household's assessment of Prince Andrew's situation following the Newsnight interview.
The former aide's testimony suggests a significant disconnect between the Duke's own perception and the Palace's view of his future.
LATEST ROYAL NEWS:
Hampshire left his role with Prince Andrew in 2022 after serving as a senior aide.
His statements to the tribunal highlight both the internal royal response to the interview and the subsequent considerations about the Duke's role.
The case continues to examine the national security implications surrounding Yang Tengbo's exclusion from the UK.