Prince Harry feud with chair of his Sentebale charity analysed.
GB News
The Duke of Sussex stepped down as patron of Sentebale amid infighting throughout the organisation
Don't Miss
Most Read
Trending on GB News
Prince Harry is seeking clarity after a bitter feud with the chief of Sentebale has played out in public for the best part of two weeks.
The Duke of Sussex welcomed news that the Charity Commission has opened a case into "concerns raised" about the Sentebale charity on Thursday.
Harry founded Sentebale in honour of his mother Diana, Princess of Wales in 2006 alongside Prince Seeiso of Lesotho.
The charity was established to help young people and children in southern Africa, particularly those living with HIV and Aids.
Prince Harry is seeking clarity after a bitter feud with the chief of Sentebale has played out in public for the best part of two weeks.
Getty
The name, Sentebale, means "forget me not" in Sesotho, chosen to honour both founders' mothers.
It has been an organisation the Duke of Sussex has continued to monitor closely despite stepping down as a working member of the Royal Family in 2020.
He met with Prince Seeiso in Lesotho as recently as October 2024 and raised funds for the charity through a polo match last April.
The Duke of Sussex stepped down as patron of Sentebale on Tuesday, March 25 amid the infighting throughout the organisation.
Several trustees left Sentebale amid a dispute with chair Dr Sophie Chandauka.
The Duke of Sussex stepped down as patron of Sentebale on Tuesday, March 25 amid the infighting throughout the organisation.
Getty
Harry said in a joint statement with Seeiso regarding his decision to step down: "These trustees acted in the best interest of the charity in asking the chair to step down, while keeping the wellbeing of staff in mind.
"In turn, she sued the charity to remain in this voluntary position, further underscoring the broken relationship."
However, Dr Sophie Chandauka has since accused the Duke of Sussex of trying to "eject" her through "bullying" and "harassment".
A source close to former trustees dismissed her comments as a "publicity stunt".
A previous row between Harry and Dr Chandauka regarding the Duke of Sussex's wife Meghan has also emerged.
Reports suggest Harry sent a strongly worded message to Dr Chandauka after she refused to publicly address rumours of a rift with the Duchess of Sussex 12 months ago.
A previous row between Harry and Dr Chandauka regarding the Duke of Sussex's wife Meghan has also emerged.
Getty
The Telegraph claimed a member of Harry's team had asked Ms Chandauka to issue a statement quashing speculation about tensions with Meghan.
When she declined, the duke reportedly contacted her directly.
Sources told the newspaper that Harry demanded she "explain herself" in a note described as "unpleasant" in tone and using "imperious" language.
The Duke of Sussex had not issued a public statement on the Sentebale row since announcing he was stepping down as patron, until Thursday after the Charity Commission confirmed their investigation.
LATEST ROYAL NEWS:
Prince Harry is reeling after a "heartbreaking week" amid the power struggle within Sentebale, he must not wait for the Charity Commission to deliver their verdict.
Getty
Prince Harry did not directly address any of the claims made against him by Dr Chandauka in his fresh statement but the royal did refer to "blatant lies" being spread throughout the last week.
He said: "What has transpired over the last week has been heartbreaking to witness, especially when such blatant lies hurt those who have invested decades in this shared goal."
The Duke of Sussex concluded regarding the investigation: "We fully expect it will unveil the truth that collectively forced us to resign."
Prince Harry is reeling after a "heartbreaking week" amid the power struggle within Sentebale, he must not wait for the Charity Commission to deliver their verdict.