Rapists go FREE as Britain's court backlog EXPLODES: Common Sense with Robert Jenrick
GB NEWS
The 30-year-old offered two teenagers cannabis and convinced them to go back to his house in Osterley
Don't Miss
Most Read
Trending on GB News
A sex offender, convicted of raping two teenagers he met at a rail station, may have abused more youngsters, detectives have warned.
Abdul-Majed Saif is now beginning 19 years behind bars for multiple rape offences against the teenagers.
Isleworth Crown Court in west London also ordered Saif to serve a further six-and-a-half years on licence.
The Metropolitan Police is now urging anyone else who may be a victim of Saif to come forward.
Abdul-Majed Saif is now beginning 19 years behind bars for multiple rape offences against the teenagers
METROPOLITAN POLICE
The 30-year-old, from Hounslow in west London, was found guilty of nine counts of rape in relation to the two 14-year-olds following the conclusion of a trial at the same court on 3 January.
The court heard how Saif had met the two teenagers in Victoria train station on April 28 last year.
He offered them cannabis and convinced them to go back to his house in Osterley, where he raped them.
After the teenagers reported the incident to police and identified Saif’s address, he was quickly arrested.
He denied the offences and was released on bail while detectives investigated the allegations.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:An image of Victoria Station
PA
He was eventually charged and then convicted after forensic evidence, coupled with the testimonies of the two teenagers, built what police described as a "compelling body of evidence".
Scotland Yard said both teenagers were supported by specially trained officers throughout the investigation.
Detective Constable Stephen Gayfer, who led the investigation, said: “It is possible that Saif has preyed on others and I’d encourage anyone who has been abused by this man to reach out and get in touch with us.
"You will be supported, and you will be listened to.”
The detective praised the courage of the two victims who reported Saif, adding: “I want to thank both survivors in this case for coming forward and helping to get a dangerous predator like Saif off the streets.
Isleworth Crown Court, London
PA"The abuse he has put these children through is absolutely sickening and is something which will undoubtedly affect them for the rest of their lives.
“I don’t underestimate the immense courage it took for them to come forward and speak to police and I’d like to commend them on their strength throughout our investigation.
Detective Superintendent Rebecca Reeves, Head of Public Protection in the Met's West Area Command, also said: “Saif is a dangerous predator. The lengthy term of imprisonment he has been given reflects the very serious nature of the harm that he has caused to these young people. They have been incredibly courageous in coming forward.
The Superintendent also urged any other possible victims to come forward.
“Officers in our dedicated Rape and Serious Sexual Offences teams work tirelessly to pursue the offenders who target vulnerable children," she said.
"We are determined to secure justice for child victims of sexual exploitation.”